- Implementation of operational strategies;
- Support to effective and efficient functioning of the administrative unit;
- Support to administrative and logistical services;
- Support to office maintenance and assets management;
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Full compliance of administrative activities with UN/HRMMU rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Provision of inputs to HRMMU administrative business processes mapping and implementation of the internal standard operating procedures (SOPs), in particular human resources actions in UMOJA;
- Supporting head of Unit in the preparation of various programme documents, such as work plans, budgets, reports and proposals on programme implementation arrangements.
- Assist in pre-screening candidates against Terms of Reference; long-listing, organizing interview and selection processes; undertaking reference checks; compiles and prepares necessary documents for recruitment, as a backup to HR & Admin Associate;
- Assist newly recruited staff upon arrival and conducts introductory training, briefs on UN rules and procedures as well as security arrangements;
- Maintain and regularly updates the personnel filing system; maintain attendance records for HRMMU locally recruited staff;
- Assistance in organization of shipments, customs clearance arrangements, preparation of documents for HRMMU shipments (received/sent), preparation of all necessary documentation, implementation of follow-up actions, as a backup to Procurement and Finance Officer;
- Arrangements of travel and hotel reservations, preparation of travel authorizations, travel requests and claims in UMOJA, processing requests for visas, identity cards and other documents;
- Administrative support to conferences, workshops, retreats in coordination with HR & Admin Associate;
- Collection of information for DSA, travel agencies and other administrative surveys, support to organization of common services, in coordination with HR & Admin Associate;
- Arrangement of vehicle transportation, regular vehicle maintenance and insurance. Checking and recording of vehicle daily log and gas consumption, update and maintenance of vehicle history report, in coordination with Procurement and Finance Officer;
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials;
- Extraction of data from various sources;
- Research and retrieval of statistical data from internal and external sources; preparation of statistical charts, tables and reports;
- Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports to head of unit;
- Assistance in the preparation of budget, provision of information for audit.
- Ensure full compliance of procurement activities with UN/HRMMU rules, regulations, policies and strategies, including in UMOJA; implementation of the effective internal control, proper functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- Maintenance of records on assets management, preparation of reports;
- Maintenance of files and records relevant to office maintenance;
- Provision of support to maintenance of common premises and common services.
- Identify sources, collect and compile data and information for the preparation of documents, guidelines, and other material as required.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the unit. Accurate presentation of information strengthens the capacity of the office and promotes the image of HRMMU as an effective contributor to the development of the country.
- Building Strategic Partnerships. Level 1.1: Maintaining information and databases. Analyzes general information and selects materials in support of partnership building initiatives;
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing. Level 1.1: Basic research and analysis. Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things;
- Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise. Level 1.1: Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures. Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position;
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks. Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments;
- Promoting Organizational Change and Development. Level 1.1: Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change. Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions;
- Design and Implementation of Management Systems. Level 1.1: Data gathering and implementation of management systems. Uses information/databases/other management systems;
- Client Orientation. Level 1.1: Maintains effective client relationships. Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion. Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines. Responds to client needs promptly;
- Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management. Level 1.1: Gathering and disseminating information. Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems.
- People management;
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity;
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment;
- Self-development, initiative-taking;
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work;
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively;
- Creating synergies through self-control;
- Managing conflict;
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others;
- Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member;
- Informed and transparent decision making.
- Secondary education. Certification in administration desirable.
- 5 years of relevant experience in administration or programme support service or related field;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.);
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Familiarity with UMOJA and relevant certification would be a definitive asset.
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension