The Administrative Assistant to the Vice President, International Development, is an essential member of the Team and is responsible for the administrative, operational, and editorial support of the Vice President and of the international development team.
- Provide support to the Vice President of International Development including but not limited to: managing the VP’s complex calendar and meeting requests (including those with high-level donors, board members, IRC leadership, and other internal meetings); gathering information and preparing meeting agendas; managing large project timelines; coordinating travel arrangements for the VP; supporting consistent flow of information from VP to team members; draft team updates for cross-departmental distribution; coordinating IT and Office Services support; managing logistics for internal and external meetings (reserving conference rooms and setting up IT as needed); processing expenses.
- Author, ghostwrite, and provide editorial support on letters, emails, talking points, and presentations.
- Collaborate with the VP on various projects and attend relevant meetings; follow up on pertinent action items
- Track and manage the distribution of relevant donor communications, internal IRC information, and email correspondence to colleagues and other stakeholders.
- Database entry.
- Maintain accurate contact information and manage other team-wide materials, systems, and projects.
- Take on special daily or long-term projects as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Minimum: At least one year working in a fast-paced office setting
- Experience working in a non-profit development department
- Prior experience working as an assistant
- Strong interest in a career in fundraising
- Previous experience working with high net-worth individuals a plus
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Proven experience working in Outlook email and calendar; familiarity with complex scheduling
- Solid Microsoft Office and database management skills, comfort with PowerPoint; Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Proven organizational and time management skills: the ability to work accurately and productively in a fast-paced environment and respond/adapt to shifting priorities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills: the ability to effectively interact with a variety of internal and external contacts with confidence and poise;
- Strong listening skills and the ability to accurately follow directions;
- Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to deadlines;
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as take initiative independently;
- Commitment to respect and maintain confidentiality of donor and employee information.
- Experience with Outlook, Salesforce, Raiser’s Edge, or other donor database management system
Language Skills: English (fluent)
Working Environment*:* This role requires working remotely full or part time (i.e., telecommuting). Applicants must have a home or alternate workspace they can effectively complete their work from during regularly scheduled hours.