The Administrative Assistant’s primary responsibility is to provide high quality, core administrative support to the International Programs Department senior leadership team, particularly the Senior Vice President (SVP). This position manages a range of administrative and logistical support services for the SVP including scheduling, document management, coordinating travel arrangements and tracking departmental expenses. In addition, the AA will work in conjunction with the Department Manager to keep departmental information up to date and manage the changes in HQ office space.
50% Support to Senior Vice President
- Provide scheduling and coordination support to the SVP.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, including flight, accommodation, visa application and ground transportation, and communication with relevant field offices, DC and/or London offices as relevant.
- Assist as necessary in the organization, support and scheduling of meetings and conferences. This includes taking accurate meeting minutes
- Prepare meeting materials, including collection, preparation and assembly of materials
- Handle, receive and greet visitors as needed and ensure daily visitors are entered in the security system
- Review incoming mail and organize correspondence needing direct attention
- Draft and prepare email correspondence
- Assist with the preparation, editing, scanning, copying and distribution of written correspondence
25% Support to VPs
- Ensure IPD meetings run smoothly and effectively by managing invites and conference call details, organizing meeting logistics, preparing minutes and booking facilities.
- Provide support to IPD VPs including scheduling meetings and arranging travel.
- Prepare meeting materials for VPs as requested
25% Other responsibilities
- Support special projects as needed based on interests and competencies.
- Support the Department Manager and other staff as needed on additional projects.
- Other tasks as assigned
Position Reports to: Senior Director, Finance and Administration
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Professional experience in an administrative role
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multitask.
- Service oriented and flexible, commitment to help and support in a fast paced, fast changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to effectively liaise with people. within and across departments in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer acumen including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Must be able to manage time for self and others.
- French, Arabic or other relevant language skills an advantage’