WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and Professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance. Female and qualified applicants encouraged to apply
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
At this level job holders are expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders have a level of expertise and knowledge to adapt and contribute to the development of systems and processes in order to continually improve the level of support provided. Job holders are expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate a team of support staff.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The applicant should either be a Yemeni national or have a valid Yemeni Residence/work permit at the time of application.
- Only candidates who are short-listed will be contacted
- Applications must be submitted online (English language only)
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluent (level C) English and Arabic in both oral and written communication
Experience: five or more years in administration including at least two years in protocol
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
11 December 2018
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has demonstrated a sound understanding of WFP administrative operating standards and awareness of international humanitarian development issues through day to day work.
- Has provided ad-hoc guidance to new staff members.
To coordinate and provide high quality, client-focused and value-for-money oriented administration services.
- Check the provision of a range of services, including facilities and light vehicle management, travel, protocol related, etc., maintaining information, to contribute to the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment.
- Collate and process information including dissemination to support the production of standard documents and reports for the unit, to enable decision-making and the effective management of resources.
- Manage and maintain paper and electronic records within the area of responsibility in accordance with established procedures, to ensure swift and easy data access as required.
- Undertake research and perform basic analyses of data, to contribute to the provision of accurate information and effective management of resources.
- Be a first point of contact for internal queries, to facilitate the provision of efficient and effective resolution of daily issues.
- Provide inputs to routine methods and practices in own area of work, to support the continuous improvement of services provided.OTHER POST REQUIREMENTS
- Prepare Note Verbal/letters to MOFA, Customs offices;
- Getting in touch with Clearing Agents, Road Transport Authority, etc. for import/export permits for clearing WFP official consignments;
- Working on the Addendum to the Basic Agreement between WFP and the Yemen Government;
- Undertake daily follow-up of the status of WFP consignments under customs clearing process and maintain regular official contact with clearing agents;
- Process all required documents for customs clearance of WFP consignments such as import/export declarations, containers guarantee undertaking, import and export permits among others;
- Facilitate customs processes for the personal effects of incoming and outgoing international staff who are qualified for shipment of personal effects;
- Facilitate plate registration for imported vehicles of WFP and international staff;
- Communicate and Liaise with clearing agents on completion of clearance process/steps & delivery of consignments/assets to warehouse keeper;
- Process various protocol related requests such as VIP Lounge requests, entry and exit visas requests, driving licence issuance requests, visa on arrivals and other protocol related requests;
- Assist international staff in processing residence permits, visas, MoFA ID Cards;
- Maintain liaison with MoFA on issues related to privileges and immunities of WFP and international staff members including duty-free privileges;
- Maintain liaison with WFP contracted clearing agents and ensure WFP official consignments are cleared in a timely and efficient manner;
- Proof-reading of reports, documentation, correspondence, making changes in line with established guidelines where appropriate as needed.
- Liaising with Government Offices to get permission for camp visits;
- Undertake other Administration/Protocol related tasks that may be assigned;
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFP’s Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field.
- Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve team’s work processes and productivity.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps team’s activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports.
- Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work.
- Focus on getting results: Monitors team’s deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team.
- Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field.
- Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFP’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and team’s efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Business Support Services & Reporting||Applies strong ability to identify country level requirements and develop customer focused solutions and action plans. Communicates data-based findings in a highly impactful way that is tailored to the audience.|
|Internal Controls & Risk Management||Utilises understanding of risk management approaches and internal controls to monitor projects and programmes to confirm regulatory compliance, ensure data integrity and ensure client satisfaction.|
|Resource Management||Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders and key clients.|
|Specialised Knowledge in Administrative Services||Demonstrates a broad or specialist knowledge of administration best practices, techniques and processes, and a good grasp of WFP standards, processes, and infrastructure in area of responsibility; applies this to ensure the provision of efficient and effective administration services.|
|Customer Focus||Monitors and supervises administrative work against the established standards and protocols for service excellence. Ensures that customer problems are identified and resolved.|