The UNCT in the Republic of Moldova consists of about 20 resident and non-resident UN agencies. UN Moldova operates under the Delivering as One modality and has made considerable progress in the implementation of the reform, inter alia in joint communication and operations.
The United Nations–Republic of Moldova Partnership Framework 2013–2017 (UNPF) voices the collective determination of the United Nations to support Moldova in tackling major development challenges as it implements its vision to be a prosperous and modern European country.
The five year UNPF was developed collectively by the UN Country Team (UNCT) and the Government of Moldova and through extensive consultation with other partners. It provides focus and direction to the UN development system in Moldova in setting its operational priorities. It was designed with a view to supporting Moldova’s efforts to achieve the Millennium Development Goals, as well as its European integration ambitions.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the UN Coordination Specialist/UNDP Communication Analyst the incumbent assists in the effective and efficient management of the UN Resident Coordinator’s Office and UNDP Communication Unit. The incumbent contributes to the design, planning, and management and monitoring of the activities of the UN Resident Coordinator’s Office, Operations Management Team, UN Communication Group and UNDP Communication Unit. The assistant applies and promotes the principles of results-based management (RBM), as well as a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The administrative assistant works in close collaboration with the UNDP Programme and Operations Units as well as Operations Management team and UN Communication Group for effective achievement of results, and information delivery. The incumbent is expected to exercise full compliance with UNDP programming, financial, procurement and administrative rules, regulations, policies and strategies, as well as implementation of the effective internal control systems.
- Pro-actively contribute to day-to-day activities implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and work-plans;
- Prepare and issue contracts;
- Make pertinent logistical arrangements for the prompt and effective implementation of activities;
- Draft minutes of Operations Management Team, UN Communication Group and other related meetings;
- Assume overall responsibility for administrative matters of a more general nature, such as registry and maintenance of files and records;
- Arrange external and internal meetings (including the meetings at technical level, as well as other relevant meetings etc.);
- Provide substantive logistics support for organization of official meetings and events as UNCT retreats, fairs, exhibitions, galas, awareness campaigns, receptions etc;
- Replace the Executive Associate and Communication Analyst during annual or sick leave periods;
- Translate press-releases, messages and speeches;
- Contribute to UN and UNDP webpage and social media networks maintenance and updates.
- Prepare requests for advance of funds and/or direct payments
- Monitor budget expenditures and maintain a proper record of approved project budgets and their revisions;
- Prepare and submit expenditure and programme budget status reports;
- Respond to queries from the beneficiary, and UNDP with respect to financial aspects of the programme, liaise with UNDP-appointed and external auditors wherever required;
- Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparations and audit;
- Undertake other financial and administrative tasks on an ad hoc basis.
- In accordance with the Work Plan arrange for procurement of equipment, supplies and services;
- Process in ATLAS the transactions in line with the Internal Control Framework;
- Arrange for equipment maintenance and insurance as required;
- Ensure that contractual processes follow the stipulated UNDP procedures;
- Physically clear and ensure delivery of equipment and supplies procured for the various programme sites;
- Maintain an equipment and spare inventory including verification and transfer when required.
Other duties as assigned.
Results-Based Programme Development and Management: Contributing to results through provision of information
- Provides information and documentation on specific stages of projects/programme implementation
- Provides background information to identify opportunities for project development
- Promoting Organizational Learning and Knowledge Sharing: Basic research and analysis
- Researches best practices and poses new, more effective ways of doing things
- Identifies and communicates opportunities to promote learning and knowledge sharing
Job Knowledge/Technical Expertise: Fundamental knowledge of processes, methods and procedures
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position
- Possesses knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks (broad range of specialized knowledge related to financial resources management, including formulating budgets, maintaining Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payables, reporting).
- Strives to keep job knowledge up-to-date through self-directed study and other means of learning
- Demonstrates good knowledge of information technology and applies it in work assignments
Promoting Organizational Change and Development: Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change
- Demonstrates ability to identify problems and proposes solutions
- Design and Implementation of Management Systems: Data gathering and implementation of management systems
- Uses information/databases/other management systems
- Makes recommendations related to work procedures and implementation of management systems
Client Orientation: Maintains effective client relationships
- Reports to internal and external clients in a timely and appropriate fashion
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients
- Responds to client needs promptly
Promoting Accountability and Results-Based Management: Gathering and disseminating information
- Gathers and disseminates information on best practice in accountability and results-based management systems
- Prepares timely inputs to reports
- Maintains databases
- Adheres to the core values of the United Nations; in particular, is respectful of differences of culture, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, language, age, HIV status, disability, and sexual orientation, or other status.
- Exerts strict adherence to corporate rules, regulations and procedures.
- Self-development, demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- Initiative-taking. Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control. Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Managing conflict
- Informed and transparent decision making
- University degree in economics, finance, accounting, law, public administration or other related field.
- At least three years of professional experience in administrative work, accounting/finance, economics, or other substantive area is required;
- Previous experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, consulting company, or NGO is a very strong advantage;
- Fluency in oral and written English, Romanian and Russian is a requirement.
- Working knowledge of one or more additional languages relevant for Moldova, including Bulgarian, Gagauzian, Romani, Ukrainian or sign language would be an asset.
UNDP is committed to workforce diversity. Women, persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, as well as refugees and other non-citizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, are particularly encouraged to apply.
This is a local position, therefore only citizens of the Republic of Moldova or others legally authorized to work in the country are eligible to apply.
Please note that only applicants who are short-listed will be contacted.
Online applications can be submitted by registered users only. Self-registration link is available at the next page and requires candidates to provide a valid email address.
Contract Duration: till 31 December 2017, with possibility of extension