Mercy Corps has been operating in Uganda since 2006 and works to catalyze change makers within the Ugandan private sector, civil society and government to create economically dynamic, healthy and secure communities. Our works focus on building resilience and enable economic growth, improve opportunities to attain better health and nutrition, and improved governance and conflict management. We implement programs in the northern districts of Pader, Kitgum, Agago, Lamwo, Kaabong, Abim and Kotido with funding from USAID, USDA, Walmart Foundation, SDC, DFID as well as other private donations.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Administration Assistant reports to the Procurement and Logistics Officer and is responsible for providing support to the management of human resources and administrative support for Mercy Corps programming in Kitgum, Uganda focusing more (70%) on the TRAIL program and 30% on DYNAMIC; Assist in the achievement of MC program objectives with the facilitation of recruitment, orientation, management of staff database, office supply, staff travel and accommodation, and general administration issues in the HR / Administration Department. Administration Assistant will also be expected to manage petty cash for the office activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Assist MC management in Kitgum Office in facilitating the smooth flowing of routine, administrative work of the Mercy Corps office, program support operations and petty cash management;
· Must have a clear understanding on MC policies and program needs; must be able to help facilitate trainings to all support staff to ensure the smooth, uninterrupted implementation of all MC programs;
· Assist management in facilitating the adherence to Mercy Corps administrative, IT, HR and logistics procedures and staff policies by support staff. Provide training and guidance to support staff, as needed;
· Responsible for the smooth running of the following office functions: Reception of visitors, photocopies, mail services, and telephones;
· Prepare duty roster for cleaners; day to day supervision of property management including cleaners and office maintenance. Ensure the office and compound are clean and maintained at a routine schedule;
· Responsible for maintaining of all admin documents and making them available for all MC Kitgum staff, maintaining a central filing system;
· Responsible for maintaining all administrative notice boards – keeping them updated, clean and neat in appearance;
· Responsible for maintaining contact sheet for MC Kitgum – ensuring all contact details are updated and distributed to MC staff and other MC Offices;
· Assist Logistics and Procurement Officer in maintaining office supply records and ensuring that stock records are properly maintained and updated;
· Assist in the collection of monthly timesheets and forward to Finance;
· Assist Logistics and Procurement Officer in processing payments for all service contractors;
· Manage daily transactions and finance functions including timely recording of transactions, cash management, inventory receivables and payables;
· Ensure that all necessary documentation is fully completed and approved in line with Mercy corps procurement and finance manuals before making any payments;
· Ensure operational cash advance is adequately maintained;
· Assist in weekly or monthly cash counts and reconciliations;
· Responsible for proper filling of receipts and finance documentations according to Mercy corps procedures;
· Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission;
· Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
· Minimum 2 years experience with office administration; computer skills are required, must be an independent thinker and have strong organizational skills;
· Must possess a minimum of a Diploma in preferably Human Resource, Social Work, Public Administration, Education, or other related field
· A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar position preferably with Humanitarian Organization.
· Demonstrated excellence in human resource and administrative management, particularly in a multi-cultural environment, including staff training, motivation, and discipline
· Demonstrated excellence in petty cash management preferred.
· Good writing and communications skills.
· Good negotiation, representation, skills and the ability to work comfortably with a diverse staff.
· Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
· Strong ability to innovatively solve problems.
· Honesty and integrity at all costs.
· A good team player, with good communication and diplomatic skills.
· Good analytical and information management skills.
· Good organizational skills and ability to work under pressure.
· Flexible and creative in planning and problem solving.
· Attention to detail, ability to follow procedures and meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
· Skill in maintaining professional internal and external relationships.
· Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information both for the staff and the organization. ument
This vacancy is archived.
UNcareer.net - official telegram channel. International jobs and internships opportunities. Daily Update.Join Channel
UN career subscription. Get new vacancies and internships daily on your phone.Subscribe now