Provide team-based financial service support for Domestic Finance. Major responsibilities include the consolidated agency financial reporting, oversight of accounting for various accounts including contributions & investments, and supervisory responsibilities. Functions include account analysis/research, journal entry and account reconciliation review, review and analysis of agency reports and financial statements, and assistance with establishing or revising systems and internal controls to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and accuracy of data.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
* Ensure the accurate and timely production of monthly & quarterly financial reporting, including financial statements, for executive management, the Budget and Finance Committee and the Board.
* Manage and review preparation of the year-end financial statements and disclosures, the IRS Form 990, and other required reporting.
* Ensure accurate and timely month-end closure for various accounts including: cash, investments, fixed assets, contributions receivable (including bequests, pledges, etc.) annuities, prepaid assets and accruals. Review accountants' journal entries, reconciliations and work papers.
* Develop enhanced tracking, analysis and reporting for agency investment accounts, including Impact Investments and endowments. Review, develop and implement internal controls for investment activity.Review analysis and supporting schedules of CRS investments monthly, quarterly and annually for financial reporting.
* Oversee the preparation of analysis and supporting schedules for CRS global fixed assets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. Review state personal property return and fixed asset listings required for insurance coverage.
* Provide advice and assurance on the application of existing and proposed Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for agency accounting as related to areas of responsibility.
* Assist supervisor in responding to financial information requests.
* Manage and review reconciliation and analysis of assigned accounts and preparation of appropriate corrective actions or documentation.
* Respond to internal and external auditor requests.
* Ensure execution of calculations for initial or updated computations of present value of the Planned Giving gift arrangements.
* Ensure execution of accurate and timely reporting and submission of Annual Annuity Statements, based on various state requirements.
* Correspond with banks, investment firms, and other service providers as necessary.
* Participate in ad hoc projects in support of the Finance Department as necessary.
* Train, coach and develop staff and provide constructive feedback and performance evaluations.
* Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required. Master's Degree preferred.
* Certified Public Accountant required.
* 5-7 years accounting experience and demonstrated ability to supervise.
* Strong knowledge of internal controls and systems.
* Excellent ability with MS Office.
* Fluency in written and spoken English.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Thorough understanding of accounting standards
* Strong attention to detail, and analytical/problem solving skills
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Highly motivated, energetic and proactive
* Excellent organizational skills
* Sense of good stewardship in the use of agency resources
* Ability to recognize the need to elevate issues to the appropriate team members
* Strong customer service attitude and support
* Willingness to work additional hours during critical periods
Supervisory Responsibilities: Supervises four employees (senior accountants and financial analyst).
NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.