- Apply adequate application of Health & Safety measures prescribed by EU and national laws into relevant design documentation for the project (e.g. pre-feasibility and feasibility study, preliminary design, main design, revision of design documentation);
- Supervision and coordination of construction works, assuring the adequate application and compliance with Health & Safety measures, procedures and policies;
- Monitoring and reviewing of H&S plans, manuals and guidelines for design documentation, execution of works and other needs of Project as applicable;
- Ensuring the contractor meets its legal obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting;
- Ensuring that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements are implemented;
- Ensuring and overseeing that safety inspections are carried out, risk assessments, working procedures are managed, and employees and contractors are aware of their responsibilities in relation to Health & Safety issues;
- Intervening to resolve problems and/or conflicts regarding Health & Safety issues and recommend corrections in terms of design and execution of works and managing these corrections upon the approval by the Project Manager;
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures;
- Providing early warning to the Project Manager of potential problems and/or critical issues regarding the design process and execution of the works related to Health & Safety issues.
- Facilitation of needs assessment process with the beneficiary, design of tender documentation, preparation and execution of tender processes for procurement of goods and services, according to European Investment Bank and national procurement guidelines, providing inputs for contracts for goods and services, assuring the adequate application of and compliance with Health & Safety measures, procedures and policies.
- Advise and instruct on various Health & Safety related topics;
- Support the Project Manager to ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health in all levels of project implementation. Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated;
- Providing inputs to financial and project progress reports preparation according to European Investment Bank (EIB) and national guidelines within the scope of Health & Safety issues;
- Collection, analysis and presentation of background information for preparation of project annual work plans and progress reports;
- Providing inputs for creation of project monitoring and evaluation framework;
- Ensuring full compliance of activities with established project management rules, regulations, and policies;
- Drafting correspondence on health and safety issues for Project Manager, as required;
- Liaising with contractors, municipalities and other partners on health and safety matters;
- Performing other tasks/duties as assigned by the Project Manager.
- Detailed annual and quarterly work plans inputs, in close cooperation with Project Manager prepared.
- Efficient, cost effective and timely implementation of health and safety measures, policies and procedures ensured;
- Project data and updates for Project files produced;
- Final, annual and quarterly reports produced for the project activities;
- Performing other duties as required.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling ethical standards.
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to critical feedback.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors.
- Excellent information technology skills, including word processing, database applications, presentation software, and internet.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum University Degree in health and safety, engineering or similar;
- Possession of Professional certificate in Occupational Health and Safety according to Serbian Health and Safety Law would be an asset.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in health and safety management of infrastructural projects;
- Work experience in international organization and/or government institution would be an asset;
- Proficiency in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Knowledge of national health and safety legislation;
- Familiarity with Law on Planning and Construction requirements;
- Familiarity with the EIB rules and regulations would be an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Serbian and English.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 6 months (with possibility of extension)