Measurable outputs of the work assignment
- Coordinates the preparation of terms of reference for the design of complex infrastructure initiatives;
- Facilitate needs assessment process with the beneficiary or the national counterparts;
- Support preparation of tender documentation, preparation and execution of tender processes for procurement of goods and services;
- Monitors and reports on designing, technical control and supervision of work;
- Submits regular updates and reports on implemented infrastructure works;
- Be responsible for the management of project activities that require engineering interventions;
- Intervene to resolve problems and/or conflicts and recommend corrections in terms of design, materials or the quality of work and managing these corrections upon the approval by the Project Manager
- Provide early warning to the Project Manager of potential problems and/or critical issues regarding the infrastructure improvement and execution of the works.
- Liaising with contractors, municipalities and other partners on project matters.
- In accordance with the instructions of the Project Manager, supervises consultants, reviews and approves technical designs and BoQs, ensures detailed monitoring and supervision of the construction works on the sites and provides final engineering clearance for payment under the terms of the contracts;
- Prepares workplans of infrastructure activities ensuring timely and good-quality implementation of workplan activities; monitors progress against the approved infrastructure workplan; identifies changes in the external environment and promptly suggests necessary solutions/actions (ex. related to the planning and implementation of activities, need for new activities) with the Project Manager;
- Monitors expenditures of financial resources to ensure accuracy and reliability of financial reports;
- Presents periodic updates/reports on project progress to the Project Manager;
- In coordination with the Projects Manager, establishes and maintains working relations with national partners, local institutions, local services, and support the implementation of project activities.
- Prepares a monitoring Plan and implement it with the support of the project team, as determined by the monitoring schedule.
- Analyze new potential risks and define mitigation measures accordingly.
- Performing other tasks/duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Detailed annual and quarterly work plans inputs, in close cooperation with Project Manager prepared.
- Efficient, cost effective and timely implementation of activities ensured.
- Project data and updates for Project files produced.
- Final, annual and quarterly reports produced for the engineering project activities.
- Performing other duties as required.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling ethical standards.
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to critical feedback.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors.
- Excellent information technology skills, including word processing, database applications, presentation software, and internet.
- Minimum University Degree in one of the following areas: architecture, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, water management, geology and mining, chemistry, medicine, industrial engineering, electrical engineering, physics, IT.
- Possession of one or more of the following licences would be considered an asset: 300,301,302,310,311,312,314,315,316,317,318,381,330,332,333,336,350,351,352 or 353.
At least 5 years of relevant experience in construction-related project management, in particular in the fields of:
- Construction Engineering – including structural designs engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- IT System, Telecommunication and Installation Engineering
- Water Supply and Sewerage Engineering;
- Electrical Engineering;
- Hospital technology and medical devices;
- Safety and energy efficiency;
- Work experience in international organization and or government institution would be an asset.
- Proficiency in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Serbian and English.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 12 months