- Support the day to day implementation of project activities;
- Assist in preparing work plans and project reports;
- Support organization and coordination of meetings, training sessions, workshops, conferences and project events and prepare reports and meeting minutes, as required;
- Draft correspondence on project issues, as required;
- Cover administrative project related tasks such as extracting, inputting, copying, scanning, faxing, mailing, photocopying, translating, and filing data from various sources;
- Drafting letters, routine correspondence and inter office coordination with related activities;
- Assist in project team in communication, visibility and outreach efforts;
- Maintain cooperation and communication with project’s partners and beneficiaries on the implementation of the agreed activities, especially for the events, trainings, workshops, etc.;
- Establishing and maintaining filing system, incoming and outgoing correspondence etc;
- Ensuring full compliance of activities with UNDP rules, regulations, and policies;
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the organisation and implementation of events, e.g. training workshops, seminars, etc., liaising with participants;
- Arranging for travel and accommodation, preparation of travel authorizations, filling in of information for Daily Subsistence Allowance payments, processing requests for visas, and other documents;
- Perform other duties as may be required.
- Documentation timely prepared;
- Records/files regularly updated and maintained;
- Effective support in travel and logistics provided to team members and consultants;
- Assistance in preparation of project’s annual and quarterly reports provided, data compiled;
- Efficient accounting and administrative support provided;
- Project related correspondence prepared;
- Efficient support to organization of meetings provided, information compiled and minutes of meetings taken and distributed.
- Good organizational and time management skills;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling ethical standards;
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to critical feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors;
- Excellent information technology skills, including word processing, database applications, presentation software, and internet.
- Minimum Secondary Education;
- Preferably with specialization in business administration.
- At least 2 years of experience in administrative office work. Previous experience in governmental, international or non-governmental settings would be an asset;
- Experience in organizational activities; evidence of ability to express ideas clearly; to work independently and in teams; to demonstrate a sense of self-assuredness combined with cultural and gender sensitivities;
- Comprehensive knowledge of project administration;
- Basic knowledge of the programmatic areas of work of the Government Institutions / International organization;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Serbian and English.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 12 months (with possibility of extension)