- Provide support in designing and executing Communications Strategy and Action Plan (for both internal and external communications);
- Coordinate promotion of the project activities (e.g. preparing visual identity, online and printed materials, press releases, updating website, producing infographics, working with national and local journalists and communicating with the public, maintaining regular communication with relevant governmental institutions, the World Bank, and other local partners etc.);
- Provide support in designing and implementing outreach and information campaigns, as well as public opinion research within the project;
- Coordinate activities associated with Change Management and Capacity Building in terms of Public and Media Relations topics;
- Coordinate and monitor the work of consultants and vendors contracted for outreach, PR and media relations;
- Coordinate and provide support to the ITE communications team in PR, outreach and media relations;
- Support organization of conferences, workshops and other events within the project;
- Ensure proper project visibility and branding;
- Provide information around implementation of the Communications Strategy, project results and other communications activities for PPID reports;
- Take part in planning and budgeting of communications activities on the project;
- Perform other communications-related duties as required by the PPID Project Manager.
- Assistance and advice provided in support of the project communications activities;
- Reports and work plans developed on time and in line with quality standards;
- Project activities and achievements captured and presented;
- Direction and guidance to project team and relevant stakeholders provided;
- Dialogue with relevant ministries, stakeholders and beneficiaries established and maintained.
- Good application of Results-Based Management;
- Good understanding and experience in project management;
- Good communication, coordination and facilitation skills;
- Consistently ensuring timeliness and quality of project work;
- Establishing lasting relationships and substantive dialogue with partners;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrating cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrating integrity by modelling ethical standards.
- At least bachelor’s degree (180 ECTS) in communications, public relations, economics, business administration or other related fields; or 10 years of relevant working experience in PR/communications.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in planning and executing communications strategies, including: identifying stakeholder groups, developing key messages, preparing communications plans, executing public information and outreach campaigns, organizing surveys, organizing events and conferences, working with public institutions and the media;
- Experience of working in the media would be an asset.
- Hands-on knowledge of the basic tools/techniques in communications, including but not limited to: media relations (preparing press releases, articles, interviews, illustrations), public speaking (preparing and delivering speeches/presentations to stakeholders), government relations (liaising with public institutions at the central/local level), events and functions (organizing presentations, conferences, receptions), production (brochures, leaflets, posters and other types of content for analog and digital media), crisis management;
- Proficiency in using computers and office software.
- Ability to function within a team, deliver when working under pressure and within changing circumstances;
- Strong writing/reporting and presentation skills;
- Strong interpersonal, networking and team building skills.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Serbian and English.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 6 months with possibility of extension