- Providing administrative and legal guidance, assistance and support to projects implemented within P4LD project;
- Review the legislative framework related to project activities;
- Ensure that the legislative framework includes clear definition of the functions and obligations of the responsible parties;
- Analyse legal risks and issues that could hinder implementation before set deadlines;
- Analyse courses of actions and potential options to resolve legal issues and provide recommendations to Project Manager;
- Verify all procedures related to project implementation and propose remediation measures as necessary;
- Verify all procedures related to property status and beneficiary status to resolve legal issues and provide recommendations to Project Manager;
- Preparing project-level status reports for internal and external distribution.
- Iputs for project reports timely prepared and submitted;
- Project files regularly updated and maintained;
- Effective support in legal issues provided to project team and consultants;
- Performing other duties as required.
- Good organizational and time management skills;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling ethical standards;
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to critical feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors;
- Excellent information technology skills, including word processing, database applications, presentation software, and internet. Word processing, database applications, presentation software, and internet.
- University degree in Law.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in legal office work;
- Previous experience in governmental, EU-funded or EIB- funded projects;
- Knowledge of national procurement rules and regulations;
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement planning and implementing;
- Experience in legal analysis activities; evidence of ability to express ideas clearly; to work independently and in teams; to demonstrate a sense of self-assuredness combined with cultural and gender sensitivities;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Knowledge of national legal rules and regulations;
- Knowledge of government structures;
- Ability to demonstrate a sense of self-assuredness.
- Ability to, deliver when working under pressure and within changing circumstances;
- Excellent writing/reporting and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and team building skills.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Serbian and English.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 12 months (with possibility of extension)