- Performing contract, asset and procurement related tasks, ensuring full compliance with European Investment Bank procurement guides, and/or National rules, regulations, and policies, as applicable;
- Revision of technical specifications and adjustment in accordance with the tender practice;
- Ensuring that procurement related data is communicated to the management on a monthly basis;
- Take the lead in organizing procurement process, including updating rosters of relevant suppliers, preparation of required documents, co-ordinate and contribute to evaluation process in direct co-ordination and co-operation with the EIB counterparts and P4LD management, draft contracts;
- Preparing regular and ad-hoc project-level procurement status reports for internal and external distribution;
- Preparation and updating of the procurement plan in accordance with the project requirements;
- Asset management and maintenance for the project, including computer equipment, furniture and office equipment: this will include taking lead responsibility for establishing and maintaining an inventory, and the co-ordination of regular maintenance (and associated record-keeping) of assets, including vehicle registration, insurance and maintenance;
- Support for information gathering when requested, i.e. web searches or local enquiries for updated statistics, locating copies of key reports, etc;
- Preparing regular and ad-hoc project-level status reports for internal and external distribution;
- Ensuring that procurement related data is captured and communicated to the management;
- Perform other duties as required.
Performance Indicators for evaluation of results
- Timely procurement processes ensured, in accordance with the procurement unit instructions and EIB procurement requirements;
- Inputs for project reports timely prepared and submitted;
- Procurement records/files regularly updated and maintained;
- Effective support in legal issues provided to project team and consultants.
- Good organizational and time management skills;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling ethical standards;
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to critical feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors;
- Excellent information technology skills, including word processing, database applications, presentation software, and internet. Word processing, database applications, presentation software, and internet.
- University degree in Economics/Business Administration.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in procurement;
- Certification in procurement from an international entity would be a very strong asset;
- Previous experience in governmental, EU-funded or EIB- funded projects;
- Knowledge of national procurement rules and regulations;
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement planning and implementing;
- Evidence of ability to express ideas clearly; to work independently and in teams; to demonstrate a sense of self-assuredness combined with cultural and gender sensitivities;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Knowledge of both national and EIB procurement rules and regulations;
- Knowledge of government structures;
- Ability to demonstrate a sense of self-assuredness.
- Ability to, deliver when working under pressure and within changing circumstances;
- Excellent writing/reporting and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and team building skills.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Serbian and English.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 12 months (with possibility of extension)