- Providing administrative and financial guidance, assistance and support to P4LD project;
- Review, analyze and assist in the finalization of cost estimates and budget proposals related to the activities under the P4LD project;
- Assuming overall responsibility for monitoring of financial resources and accounting to ensure accuracy and reliability of financial reports;
- Ensuring timely and accurate administration of project budget;
- Preparation of the allocation request in line with project related financial agreements;
- Verifying all expenses related to project implementation;
- Preparing regular project-level financial status reports for internal and external distribution;
- Preparing ad-hoc financial information as requested by the national counterparts, European Investment Bank or UNDP or for external audit purposes;
- Providing assistance in preparing annual workplans and progress reports for P4LD project;
- Providing assistance in preparation of monitoring and evaluation plan;
- Communication with Tax Administration Office on project implementation related tax issues;
- Arranging for travel and accommodation, preparation of travel authorizations;
- Asset management and maintenance for the P4LD project, including computer equipment, furniture and office equipment and vehicles: this will include taking lead responsibility for establishing and maintaining an inventory, and the co-ordination of regular maintenance (and associated record-keeping) of assets, including vehicle registration, insurance and maintenance;
- Compiling data for project management;
- Drafting correspondence on project issues, as required;
- Assisting team members, experts and consultants on travel and logistics matters;
- Establishing and maintaining filing system, incoming and outgoing correspondence etc;
- Ensuring full compliance of activities with established rules, regulations, and policies;
- Preparation of relevant documentation for processing payments;
- Performing other tasks/duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Reliable administrative and financial support to P4LD project;
- Programme/project budget maintained and managed and any other financial/administrative reports provided as per request or agreed workplan;
- Administrative and financial reports provided in a timely and professional manner;
- Contacts with programme/project partners and regional/national counterparts maintained regularly;
- Administrative tasks, office systems and filing procedures related to the programme/project managed carried out timely and accurately;
- All duties and responsibilities performed in a satisfactorily manner according to the programme/project workplan.
- Knowledge of administrative, budgetary and financial policies and procedures.
- Conceptual analytical and evaluate skills to conduct independent research and analysis.
- Ability to identify issues, formulate opinions, make conclusions and recommendations.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling ethical standards.
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to critical feedback.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors.
- Excellent information technology skills, including word processing, database applications, presentation software, and internet. Word processing, database applications, presentation software, and internet.
- University degree in Economics, Finance, Business or Public Administration.
- At least 5 years of experience in finance. Finance, Business or Public Administration;
- Previous experience in governmental, EU- funded, European Investment Bank-funded projects would be an asset;
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in financial planning, monitoring and reporting;
- Evidence of ability to express ideas clearly; to work independently and in teams; to demonstrate a sense of self-assuredness combined with cultural and gender sensitivities;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Knowledge of national financial rules and regulations;
- Ability to demonstrate a sense of self-assuredness.
- Ability to, deliver when working under pressure and within changing circumstances;
- Excellent writing/reporting and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and team building skills.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Serbian and English.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 12 months (with possibility of extension)