- Production of infrastructure project design documentation such as pre-feasibility and feasibility study, preliminary design, main design, revision of design documentation;
- Facilitation of needs assessment process with the beneficiary, design of tender documentation, preparation and execution of tender processes for procurement of goods and services, according to European Investment Bank and national procurement guides, provide inputs for contracts for goods and services;
- Supervision of project design development process, coordination and supervision of construction works;
- Financial and project progress reports preparation according to European Investment Bank (EIB) and national guidelines;
- Be responsible for the management of project activities that require engineering interventions;
- Review the quality of the executed work, built-in materials and verify that the quality responds to related regulations and specifications;
- Intervene to resolve problems and/or conflicts and recommend corrections in terms of design, materials or the quality of work and managing these corrections upon the approval by the Project Manager;
- Provide early warning to the Project Manager of potential problems and/or critical issues regarding the infrastructure improvement and execution of the works;
- Collection, analysis and presentation of background information for preparation of project annual workplans and progress reports;
- Providing inputs for creation of project monitoring and evaluation framework;
- Ensuring full compliance of activities with established project management rules, regulations, and policies;
- Drafting correspondence on project engineering issues for Project Manager, as required;
- Liaising with contractors, municipalities and other partners on project matters;
- Performing other tasks/duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Detailed engineering annual and quarterly work plans inputs, in close cooperation with Project Manager prepared;
- Efficient, cost effective and timely implementation of technical designs, verification and supervision of works ensured;
- Project data and updates for Project files produced;
- Final, annual and quarterly reports produced for the engineering project activities;
- Performing other duties as required.
- Good organizational and time management skills;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling ethical standards;
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to critical feedback;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors;
- Excellent information technology skills, including word processing, database applications, presentation software, and internet.
- Minimum University Degree in electrical engineering, IT or similar;
- Possession of the following license would be considered an asset: 350,353.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in construction-related project management, in particular in the fields of Electrical Engineering/IT System, Telecommunication and Installation Engineering;
- Work experience in international organization and/or government institution would be an asset;
- Proficiency in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Knowledge of national legislation;
- Familiarity with Law on Planning and Construction requirements;
- Familiarity with the EIB rules and regulations;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Serbian and English.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 12 months (with possibility of extension)