- Be responsible and accountable for the overall management and administration of the Project, and the timely and quality delivery of all Project outputs;
- Ensures implementation of project activities, by working closely with project team and other staff assigned to the project. Supervises and manages the project staff. Builds, motivates and leads the project team;
- Prepares all project workplans, annual work plans and ensures timely and good-quality implementation of workplans activities. Oversees and participate in the mobilization of personnel, goods and services and oversees contractors’ work;
- Develop and manage, in coordination with partners, an overall Project implementation strategy;
- Prepare Project Work Plans and present them to the National Project Director/Project Board for review/approval;
- Supports the work and decision-making of the Project Board by providing timely, detailed and accurate information to the Project Board`s members. Prepares Project Board sessions, ensures minute-taking and information-sharing;
- Develop Monitoring and Evaluation Plan for tracking and evaluating progress against the agreed targets;
- Monitors expenditures of financial resources to ensure compliance with rules and procedures and accuracy and reliability of financial reports; ensures preparation of budget revisions as necessary; follows up with the National Project Director and the Project Board on issues;
- Coordinate an exit strategy at least 6 months ahead of the project closure date; ensure closure of the project is done per the established procedures.
- Monitor Project progress to ensure that it is in accordance with the timetable set out in the Project Document and preparation of regular updates to Project Boards on projects’ progress, implementing issues, emerging risks/problems and proposals for necessary remedial actions;
- Collect and manage project data as required by the M&E Plan;
- Monitor financial resources and accounting to ensure accuracy and reliability of financial reports;
- Manage the project risks; inform the Project Board on emerging issues and risks update the issue and risk status;
- Organize regular Project Board meetings and regularly report on the progress to the Project Board;
- Ensures that all draft reports and information that are obligation of the MPALSG according to the Finance Contract between the European Investment Bank and RS are prepared in a timely manner;
- Ensure reporting to National Project Director/Project Board is prepared timely and the reports are meeting the standards;
- Support the preparation of reviews and evaluations as defined in the project document;
- Prepare final project reports and papers;
- Design Terms of Reference for engagement of consultants and companies.
- Maintain good cooperation and coordination between national counterparts, projects’ partners and other stakeholders;
- Maintain regular contacts with beneficiaries to ensure relevance and quality of projects’ outputs;
- Establish record with contacts, pursue networking and information sharing and follow up on partnership related issues;
- Contribute to the development of pipeline initiatives primarily under the themes covered by the project.
- Provide policy advice on issues within the scope of the project;
- Regular exchange of information/experience with other projects, cross-learning and sharing results and good practices;
- Ensure the project has the required communication package;
- Prepare communication materials for dissemination inside and outside the UNDP;
- Capture lessons learnt during project;
- Participate in internal meetings;
- Participate in training events, communities of practice;
- Facilitate team’s learning and knowledge sharing;
- Performing other duties as required.
- Project results delivered;
- Direction and guidance to Project team provided;
- Dialogue with relevant Ministries, stakeholders and beneficiaries maintained;
- Financial reports, narrative reports and workplans developed on time in line with quality standards;
- Sound management of Project finances;
- Project’s activities and achievements captured and presented;
- Team learning, and knowledge management organized as a part of project cycle.
- Good application of Results-Based Management.
- Good communication, coordination and facilitation skills.
- Consistently ensures timeliness and quality of Project work.
- Establishes lasting relationships and substantive dialogue with clients.
- Treats all people fairly without favourism.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling ethical standards.
- University degree in social sciences political science, public or business administration, economics or related fields), master’s degree will be considered as an asset.
- At least 7 years of experience in managing complex projects in development and support to local self-governments in the Republic of Serbia, especially including complex procurement and local infrastructure development;
- Minimum 2 (preferably 5) years of relevant experience in a management position on an EU-funded project;
- Experience in working with European Investment Bank loan agreements, experience in dealing with EIB procedure will be considered as asset;
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams and complex projects/processes;
- Previous experience in working in the UN system would be considered an asset;
- Familiarity with the migration context in Serbia would be considered an asset.
- Excellent understanding of Serbia's socio-economic situation;
- Understanding of current policies and legislation relevant for EU funds;
- Familiarity with the EIB rules and regulations;
- Knowledge in the use of computers and office software packages and handling of web-based management systems.
- Ability to organize and motivate team, deliver when working under pressure and within changing circumstances;
- Excellent writing/reporting and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and team building skills.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Serbian and English.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 12 months (with possibility of extension)